Did you ever wonder what the advantages and disadvantages of homeopathy are?
No? Well head over here for a brief, concise summary. Or maybe I can summarize it for you.
* Homeopathy basically is considered to be one of the safest forms of treatments like Ayurveda. Homeopathic medicines are aimed at improving the body’s own healing powers to be able to fight the disease. Homeopathic medicines are safe without any harmful ingredients. These medicine do not suppress the pain, rather it strengthens the immune system and treats the cause of the disease.
Generally true. Water is considered to be quite safe and at the levels of dilution homeopaths deal with, no ingredients are left in the pill/solution regardless if they were harmful or not to begin with. And of course you can’t have any of this without the usual “improving body’s own healing powers” and the “strengthen the immune system” nonsense. In other words, homeopathic solutions are to the body what spinach was to Popeye.
* Homeopathy medicine is relatively safe for children, adults and even pregnant women. These medicines do not have any side effects.
Yes, yes we already covered the water is safe routine. This does not even deserve its own bulletpoint.
* The homeopathy medicines are also natural and therefore more suitable for the human body. These medicines are based on natural ingredients.
You didn’t think you’d be going through a typical (s)CAM propaganda piece without coming across the word natural now did you? If you didn’t know by now, the use of the word “natural” is one of the top red flags of quackery. Just sayin’!
* Another advantage of homeopathic medicines is that they are easy to use. These medicines generally come in the form of tiny sugar pills and these are convenient to carry and also very easy to take at the necessary time prescribed by the doctor.
It’s a sugar pill. It’s a SUGAR PILL, they accept it themselves. Oh the irony! And boy this is so much better than the non-sugar pills that real doctors prescribe, who are so much more inconvenient to carry and take at the necessary time. Hey homeopaths, I have an even better idea. Your stuff is even more convenient than that. You don’t even need to carry anything. Just turn the faucet on and voila you’re healed (well actually your immune system is strengthened thus allowing your body’s natural healing powers to kick in. Go Power Rangers!)
* Homeopathic treatment is also cost effective as compared to other forms. This treatment does not involve large expenditures. Besides, they can also complement allopathic medicines in many cases.
Of course, water’s pretty cheap. But far as I know there’s not much difference in price between any over the counter medicines and their homeopathic distant cousins. And the over the counter real medicines actually work.
Now on to the disadvantages.
As for the disadvantages of homeopathy goes, it would depend largely upon the physician who is giving you the treatment. Perhaps one would notice the dearth of professional homeopathic doctors. There is also a shortage of institutions that conduct these professional courses. This would mean there are not many genuine homeopathic medicines being prescribed by authentic doctors. Also, one cannot rely on homeopathic medicines for emergency situations.
So the problem with homeopathy is that there aren’t enough homeopaths! That’s kinda like saying “one of the disadvantages of war is that there aren’t enough soldiers around”. What kind of bullshit reasoning is this. But wait, they at least hit one nail on the head when they say that “one cannot rely on homeopathic medicines for emergency situations”. Oh the stupidity! So they spend 500-1000 words explaining all the advantages and lamenting how there arent’ enough of them, only s to turn around and admit that it doesn’t work! But, dear reader, you knew that already.